I can honestly say that I never was much of a dog person. We had dogs when I was a kid, but I always loved cats. 2 years ago, we adopted Bailey (left) when we found him on PetFinder.com. Justin had never had a dog of his very own that he got to pick out. Bailey is a Border Collie mix - with what??? Well, we know that he has some Spitz in him because of the black spot on his tongue, but we assume that he has a lot of Lab in him because he is so well natured. He was about 13 weeks old, and we went through Parvo AND Kennel Cough. It was awful!! He chewed up my whole house and I vowed to never ever have another puppy!!
Almost 2 weeks ago, our local news KFVS-12 profiled Callie (but before she was a part of our family, it was spelled Cali), and Justin and I just fell in love with her. She was at the Sikeston Humane Society. I went down that day and got her. The shelter thought that she was a St. Bernard - Border Collie Mix, but Dr. Brian is pretty sure she is Border Collie - Lab (thank goodness, could you imagine how big she'd be???). Bailey is a good "momma." They will be wonderful friends and you will probably see us many weekends playing frisbee in the backyard with our 2 dogs.
And yes, I still do prefer cats. But I'm finding myself have a very special place in my heart for these 2!!

No comments:
Post a Comment