Sunday, February 14, 2010

Working Mom's 411 Review and Giveaway!

Working Mom's 411:  How to Manage Kids Career & Home
by Michelle LaRowe




I'm very excited to offer you, my readers, a sneak peak at author Michelle LaRowe's book!!  I actually read this book this past year to try to make my house a little more calm and organized...and well...a little more sane!!!!

Ms. LaRowe was also kind enough to provide me with (1) copy of her book to giveaway!

In our home, it is much easier to ignore what needs to be done...don't you agree?  Honestly, before I read this book, it was not uncommon to open book bags early in the morning before school to clean them out and run out to the car while zipping them back up again.  I only have two children, keep in mind, and only one of them is attending elementary school!

I realized I was in desperate need of help.  But from who...and from where?  That's when I visited CBD.com and found Ms. LaRowe's book.  And I immediately ordered.  She was a nanny for cryin' out loud.  She has seen mom's like me and been directly involved in answering the H-E-L-P call!!

I read the book from cover to cover.  Including the first parts about the expecting mother.  I would recommend adding this goodie to a baby shower basket.  How is your boss going to react when you tell them your pregnant?  What's the best type of daycare arrangement for you (and your bundle of joy?)?  Ms. LaRowe uses conversation scenarios...which is a blessing, because you can see how being prepared will help you feel more confident in your decisions!

So, as I mentioned before, the dirty dishes in the sink, clutter on the table, and homework to do was our biggest obstacle.  And it seems that Ms. LaRowe heard my cry!!  There are so many things that she can put into perspective from a professional view.  We still aren't done, mind you, but here are a few of Ms. LaRowe's direction that we have implemented in our home (and yes, I have had a close friend tell me I'm a little too O-C-D now!!  But hey, it works!!!)

*Have a place for everything.
*Pull out clothes for tomorrow...today (didn't mom try to tell me this???)  Not only for the kiddos...for you and hubby, too!!!
*Make cleaning up fun...singing anyone?

And many more!!!

Reading this book also made me realize that my children need order and organization just as much as I do.  Since we started following some of the tips in our home, my kids do function better - from waking in the morning to getting ready for bed in the evening!!  Routine has entered our everyday, and organization is so SO SO much easier now because I know the basics of scheduling and storage!!  

This blog has also helped me, along with using coupons and stockpiling, to plan my meals more effectively.  Ms. LaRowe packs a whole chapter of her book with meal-planning how to's and recipes!!  

And, of course, we all know that single mommies are out there...reading books looking for an answer to the H-E-L-P cry too!!  Ms. LaRowe didn't leave you out, and as a matter of fact, there are lots of helpful strategies outlined especially for you, too!!  (Oh, and guess what, I've been there as a single mom.  I know how you feel!!).

So, Ms. LaRowe saves her A to Z Super Solutions for the very end of the book...but if you want to see them...you have to enter to win OR visit THIS LINK to order your very own copy!!

Methods of Entry

Every reader has 4 ways to enter, make sure you leave (1) comment for (each) way you enter this giveaway!

  1. Leave a comment #1:  Where do you need the most help as a mom?  Is it organizing?  Time management?  Tell me about it!
  2. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email:  You must confirm your email subscription and post a comment letting me know you subscribed for it to be a valid entry! If you're already a subscriber or follower, simply leave a comment letting me know you're already a loyal reader.
  3. Add me to YOUR blogroll:  Remember to come back and leave a comment with a link to your site!!!
  4. Leave a comment #2:  Have you ever read a "H-E-L-P" book?  Do you plan on keeping this for yourself, or do you have a desperate friend or relative that is tripping over dirty clothes in their own home?  (Now, don't mention names here!!!)  Tell me the funniest "H-E-L-P" story you have!
*******Please make sure you leave your email address for notification!!!!*******


This contest will begin today, February 14, 2010 and run until 11:59 pm Central time, February 28, 2010. The winner will be chosen by Random.org and will be notified on March 1, 2010 by me via email and posted as a winner on this blog. After confirmation of the offer and a valid mailing address is received, I will ship the product directly.  Thanks again to Michelle LaRowe for this great giveaway! Good Luck!!!

5 comments:

  1. It seems to always be the same getting dishes and stuff like that done.
    aj270750@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need help meal planning. Do you have tacos every tuesday? I think I'm trying to reinvent the wheel or meal every night. One doesn't like potatoes the other hates katchup. Help! oh and what do i do with 5 cans of red beans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need help with keeping on top of household tasks, especially laundry and dishes. They never end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need help with myself! Organizing things is definitely my biggest challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts with Thumbnails