This is Renegade. He's my "first born," a 15-year old Manx. For those of you that know me personally, you know that Renegade and I have been through it all together, and 4 years ago, he was diagnosed with feline diabetes (Read more about this condition HERE). When diagnosed, his blood sugar level was over 600, and normal is comparable to humans at 80-120. We took him to the vet because he seemed to have a UTI (which he is prone to), and I mentioned to Dr. Morris that he'd been drinking a lot of water and had lost a large amount of weight. He receives 9 units of human insulin 2 times a day. Because of his illness, he uses the litter box more than your average house cat. I had a hard time finding a clay litter that would take this type of use and not emit the urine smell - and that wouldn't clump solid in his litter box.
Then I discovered Feline Pine cat litter. Feline Pine is all natural and we have found that there isn't any dust or bothersome tracking of sand-like material in our house!! Feline Pine doesn't contain any chemicals, so its essentially harmless to your kitty!!!
You can go HERE to print a rebate good for your first purchase of Feline Pine!! I personally make my purchase at Wal-Mart or Target, but I know that it is also available locally at Petco. A 7lb bag on average lasts 1 month, and to minimize waste, Feline Pine even has their own special scooper (but your regular one will work just fine, just be prepared to throw out some unused pellets).
Feline Pine is made by Nature's Earth Products Inc, and Renegade and I are really excited that they are sponsoring this fantastic giveaway!! Nature's Earth provided our household with the free bag of litter pictured above, and have graciously sent goodies for one of my lucky readers!!
The Feline Pine prize package includes:
1 Feline Pine T-shirt (size Large)
1 Feline Pine Wide-Slot Scoop
1 Self Cleaning Pet Brush
1 Feline Pine Reusable Shopping Bag
Who can enter?
Any reader with a US address
Methods of Entry
Every reader has 4 ways to enter, make sure you leave (1) comment for (each) way you enter this giveaway!
Every reader has 4 ways to enter, make sure you leave (1) comment for (each) way you enter this giveaway!
- Leave a comment #1: Tell me about your favorite feline. Did you have a special pet growing up? Do you share your sandwich with a pretty kitty? I want to know!
- Leave a comment #2: What is your current litter type and brand? Why are you interested in Feline Pine? Have you tried Feline Pine before?
- Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email: You must confirm your email subscription and post a comment letting me know you subscribed for it to be a valid entry! If you're already a subscriber or follower, simply leave a comment letting me know you're already a loyal reader.
- Add me to YOUR blogroll: Remember to come back and leave a comment with a link to your site!!!
*******Please make sure you leave your email address for notification!!!!*******
This contest will begin today, January 26, 2010 and run until 11:59 pm Central time, February 7, 2010. The winner will be chosen by Random.org and will be notified on February 8, 2010 by me via email and posted as a winner on this blog. After confirmation of the offer and a valid mailing address is received, I will ship the product directly. Thanks again to Nature's Earth for this great giveaway! Good Luck!!!
*Affiliate Post*


I loved my cats I had when I was little. They were both orange and I called them Pumpkin and Puff. I can still remember they day my mom brought them home when I was 5 years old!
ReplyDeleteI currently use Yesterdays news cat litter and I have always been interested in feline pine as another natual cat litter but I have never tried it.
ReplyDelete